The Jackson County Learning Center provides necessary educational and workforce support services for community members and fosters an atmosphere of lifelong learning and career development.
Jackson County Learning Center (JCLC) is located at 323 Dupont Drive in Seymour, Indiana and officially opened on August 4, 2010. JCLC was created through a private / public partnership between The Community Foundation of Jackson County, the City of Seymour and the Chamber of Commerce.
The facility programming partners include:
- McDowell Education Center for adult education and workforce certifications. These programs include the Indiana High School Equivalency Diploma (HSE), English Language Learner (ELL) classes, MSSC-CPT (Certified Production Technician), MSSC-CLT (Certified Logistics Technician), and MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist).
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus for college level courses and workforce training programs.
- Indiana University Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC) for college level courses and business and industry training programs.
- Read Jackson County for literacy programs and tutoring. These include Advanced Conversation classes for English Language Learners, READ Rockets after school tutoring for 3-5th grade students, Babies, Books, & Blankets promoting literacy from birth and tutors for adult learners.
- Seymour High School for day and evening Alternative Education programming.
- Sylvan Learning of Columbus-Seymour for targeted tutoring for k-12 and college level students.
- WorkOne Southeast for employment and workforce training services.
JCLC offers a variety of educational support services to area students and community members. These include free test proctoring for online classes, computer labs for online class access and study sessions, and classroom and meeting room rental for business training and workshops.